Friday, October 15, 2010

Finally Home!

I will keep this one on the short and sweet side. I am so glad to be home, to have Peyton home and to be reunited with our family. This was a very difficult time for our family and it was the encouragement, prayers and support from all of you that helped us get through it.

Peyton was glad to be home and to see her sisters and brother. She played for a very short while (lightly), showed off all of her goodies that people gave her, and then quietly made her way up to her room to get ready for bed. It didn't take much to poop her out tonight.

As I said, it feels really good to be home and the thought of being in my own bed makes me really happy. No monitors, no beeping, no nurses coming in for vitals every 4 hours and no doctors waking me up in the morning on their rounds. Tonight, I will sleep well and I will be sure to thank God for helping us and Peyton get through this ordeal in Charleston. Our new motto with her is "one day at a time." We are going to celebrate the success and try not to worry about the other issues. We will take them one day at a time. We are just thankful for what we have now and that is our family (all of us) back together again!

Thanks again for your prayers, thoughts and support. I feel like you all jumped right in the trenches with us and we appreciate it!

1 comment: