Friday, July 10, 2009

Kids Eat for Free!

Karen and I are becoming experts on knowing what restaurants feed kids for free or for only $0.99! For the most part, due to a large family, we do most of our dining in, but even a family of 7 soon to be 8 still likes to get out and eat away from the house. If it were up to my 4 year old (Peyton), we would eat out every night but only at a place that had a playground.

So....where do we eat mostly? I have made a list of our favorites:

Moe's: Our family loves Moe's. Moe's on Woodruff Rd feeds kids for $0.99 with the purchase of an adult meal on Saturdays and Sundays after 4pm. We actually meet with another family, the McGuirt's (Only two blogs in and look Tony and Lynne, your name was mentioned. You are famous now).

IHOP: There is never a bad time to eat breakfast. Just ask my family. Breakfast is our favorite meal. We could eat it for every meal. They feed kids for free with the purchase of an adult meal every evening after 5 pm.

McAlisters Deli: Now I am not sure if all locations do this, but the one on Woodruff Rd does. We actually found this out by accident, but we strolled up in there one evening with the McGuirt's and we thought kids eat for free after 5 WITH the purchase of an adult meal. Well, we got all of our kids meals for free. We were shocked and thought, surely they made a mistake. Not so fast! We visited McAlisters again a few weeks later and once again they gave us all of our kids meals for free. Noah didn't get one of course, we let him eat off of everyone's plate.

***Side Story*** Just the other night, we found ourselves in a dilemma. Karen had a really busy day and didn't lay any meat out to unthaw so we didn't have a dinner plan. Not to mention time was against us. When you have 5 kids who are hungry (try telling them, that you will start dinner and it will take 30 min to an hour....HA HA....good luck with that). So, with these odds stacked against us, we decided to go to McAlisters. I was excited about this, b/c with all of the kids eating for free, Karen and I can get in and out of there for under 16 bucks. Well, I started getting greedy. As I mentioned earlier, Noah usually eats off of every one's plate. Well this time, I decided to get him his own meal. It was free, right? Why not? Well, while Karen is ordering, I am over at the table (that's how we roll: she orders, I set up the table (s)) pumping Noah up about getting his own meal. Well, when Karen came to the table she gave me the bad news that McAlisters has a rule that they only give up to FOUR kids meals for free!!!!! At first, I was outraged. I thought this was a conspiracy. They have seen us in here before feeding 5 kids for free and they decided to make up a rule based only on our family. Well it didn't take long to realize that was silly and I shouldn't think that way. I just got greedy and I ended up having to pay for Noah's meal that night as we didn't realize this rule until after we ordered and paid. Ha, they got us again.

So those are our favorite three places to eat where our kids can enjoy a cheap meal as well. There are others that we have visited, but these three seem to be our home away from home.

How about you guys? What are some places that you know of that serve free meals to kids either straight up free or with the purchase of an adult meal? I would love to know your thoughts. We are always looking for new and interesting places.

No comments:

Post a Comment